Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dem Bones

How I would love to have more time to venture around the school and sit in on classes more often. Everytime I have the opportunity to experience a lesson by one of our teachers, I think about how I wish I could erase years off my current age and become a Lipscomb Mustang myself. I wanted to be a second grader a couple of weeks ago. I knew something exciting was going to take place that morning when our Science Lab Coordinator, Ginger Reasonover, came in the door dressed head to toe in clothing labeling her entire skeletal system.

In the slideshow below you'll see in pictures what students learned about their valuable bone structure. It was a fully rounded class complete with music and movement, lecture, hands-on experience (while piecing together the system with candy bones), and of course, Mrs. Reasonover's personal human display. The children seemed to love it, and what's more important, I bet they could answer some pretty intricate questions about what they learned. Now that's the way to do school!

No comments:

Post a Comment