Monday, September 14, 2009

The sweetest sounds...



So, last Thursday was the first time I'd had a chance to get to Chapel before the children arrived. Was I ever impressed with their entrance into the gymnasium, as they came through the doors enthusiastically singing praise songs and continuing until all four grades were seated. It brought tears to my eyes; hundreds of sweet voices raising in song to worship! What an awesome experience.

As you see in our slideshow, we had a special guest, Youth Minister Andrew Sowards of Antioch Church of Christ, who spoke to the group about the importance of training and preparation, referencing back to the well-known Proverb 22:6 scripture, "Train up a child in the way he should go..." He related spiritual training to his juggling accomplishments. The children were mesmerized, to say the least. It was very entertaining and brought the point home well.

Our time together ended with a spirited celebration of "Farmer's Favorites," and "Caught Being Good Awards," our principal's favorite classwork picks of the week and teachers' nominations for star students of the week, respectively. I know I'm still somewhat new, but I just don't know that the excitement for such a place is going to wear off anytime soon. These kinds of occurrences happen on a daily basis, and once again I find myself in great appreciation for our DLES!

Shine bright,
JDG

No comments:

Post a Comment